Saturday, February 20, 2010

Back from LA

I stayed longer than I had expected because the sun came out! Why not? A walk on the beach everyday does wonders emotionally and probably physically too. The Renaissance Weekend was, as usual, great stimulation, fun and no it's not the Renaissance Fair!
No costumes. Just a lot of tremendously successful, achievement oriented types who are instructed to leave "the egos at the door" when they are invited to participate.
What always amazes me is that the Pulitzer winners, Nobel winners, and other assorted genuises or is it genusi?...love to talk show biz. I was on five panels, four of which were show biz and they are always crowded. I guess I can be the entertainment for these brains...it's ok with me.
I always make great friends at these things and they are often younger and that is always good..though an elderly couple who must remain anonymous as the rules are we can't blab about who we meet...were really great and I hope to stay in contact with them as I do some really brilliant political professors whose lectures were excellent.
I also saw "stars" as I tend to do...and this time they were of the reality show variety. The bitch on the Millionaire Matchmaking show...the only woman millionaire was a tad nicer than on the show..and assured me her hissy fit was fake..but I still wonder why anyone would want to appear so bitchy real or fake!
The lovely Ruby who was on Oprah and has her own show dealing with her tremendous struggle to lose hundreds of pounds was walking along the boardwalk and is beautiful inside and out and we hugged and shmoozed.
Too much eating, a lot of sun, some exercise and stars. That's LA for ya! I like it in small doses.

No comments: