Sunday, April 19, 2009

Susan Boyle

I am just one of millions who have fallen for the British singing sensation Susan Boyle.
When I was sent the Youtube video I actually cried as I watched her sing! They are
making a lot of the fact of her looks..."you can't judge a book by it's cover" etc.
That is fine.
But one humor columnist who shall be nameless has gone way over the line as I see it.
He called her "ugly." First of all, how rude!
Second of all, it is the pot calling the kettle...ugly.
This guy who is brilliant and funny is, to put it kindly....one of the least attractive human
beings on this or any other planet!
He is the last person who should be judging others on looks.
And, though it is obvious that she not a beauty queen, there is or should be a limit
to negative name calling, even in satire.
She is a lovely, "cheeky" as Simon put it, enormously courageous and very talented
woman.
I could listen to her voice all day.
And as for "ugly"....his comment is the only ugly thing I see!
Facially challenged Comic... heal thyself!

1 comment:

wimbleball said...

Hmmmm,i agree with you to a point,my dear susan.

But,don't we all even when not saying it aloud,think ulgy things once in a while,and i'm saying think not saying it out loud,that's the way we are as humans,we can't help it.should we think wow beautiful while its ugly.even ugly thoughts are ugly.i try to push ugly thoughts away and have really always tried to look far beyond apperences.
great post!

no.mr.adequate?