Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Hurt Locker

Wow!!I just saw this movie on demand. I had been avoiding it as I don't like war movies. But since it's winning all the awards I thought I'd try. EVERYONE IN AMERICA
must see this movie!! What we put these boys through is unbelievable, disgusting,
traumatic. I will never forget this! You actually feel that you are in the action and
the tension is unrelenting. They disarm the bombs and my heart was going faster than
the ticking of the timers!This should be forced viewing for every member of Congress who votes on sending these kids off without the proper equipment! Shame on them!!!
Wow..congrats to the WOMAN who directed it too! Katherine Bigelow is amazing.
And how do we expect these soldiers to come back and lead normal lives. I wont be sleeping well tonight and it was just a movie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cannot bear to watch anything like that; my sons are marines.
i wholeheartedly agree with you about the congresspeople though.

victoria

susan said...

wow...you are one of the special people whose kids serve our country. Best of luck to you and your sons and thank you.